We offer a range of services through Farming Connect for Welsh farmers, most services are fully funded, others are subsidised by up to 80%
To benefit from all that’s now on offer, you will need to register for the programme. Individuals registered under the previous programme will need to re-register.
What are the opportunities for you?
- Reduce outputs and increase efficiency across all areas of your business
- Benchmark your performance and work towards progress and growth
- Identify areas for improvement and find solutions to problems
- Develop your skills as part of our new continuing professional development/lifelong learning programme
- Keep up to date with the latest innovations in technology through industry Developments and the latest research projects
- Share best practice and benefit from the knowledge of other farmers, Industry experts and academic research
- Be inspired by new ideas and find more efficient and innovative ways of working
Opportunities to join
Below are a range of groups and one to one advise which Precision Grazing deliver for certain subjects. For more infomation click the links provided or contact your Farming Connect Officer.
Expert, independent, confidential and bespoke advice. One – one advice up to 80% funded to a maximum of £1300 per instance of advice. 100% funded for technical group advice.
One to One Surgeries
Enabling you to gain advice and guidance specific to your business in a confidential and trusted setting. We offer advice on Grazing Management / Forage Crops, Business Planning, Reducing Carbon Footprint Printing and Biodiversity / Regenerative Systems.
Farming Connect is one of four new schemes within the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, which is focusing significant investment from Welsh Government and the EU to revitalise rural communities and provide support for agriculture and forestry in Wales
Welsh Pasture Project
Forty-three farmers have been recruited to keep track of grass growth on their farms for the Welsh Pasture Project. Take a look at this years grass measurements and management notes.
Prosper from Pasture Programme
Improving the future of pasture-based livestock systems. For beef, sheep and dairy farmers looking to improve profits, enhance the environment and join a forward thinking group of farmers.
For dairy, beef and sheep farmers eager to learn and to adopt the most up to date grassland management techniques to make the most of the land you manage and increase profit from grass?